The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission at no cost to you.
This is the perfect dump-and-go dinner idea for busy days.
If you’re new to my blog, making slow cooker recipes is part of my Sunday routine! There’s just nothing like being able to dump ingredients and go about my day so I can have time to prepare for the week ahead.
Today, I’m bringing to you an easy chicken thigh slow cooker recipe that’s made in a yummy honey-garlic BBQ sauce!
It comes together in five easy steps, and let me tell you, my four boys were scraping the bottom of their bowls!!!
I served it with rice and it was definitely giving Asian vibes. It made me wish I owned a pair of reusable chopsticks, so I will the next time I make this!
Chicken Thighs: we use boneless, skinless, chicken thighs because they are more tender and flavorful than breasts.
Honey: adds a little sweetness to the sauce for the chicken thighs.
Garlic, Minced: you could use store-bought minced garlic too!
Barbecue Sauce: you can use any kind that you’d like but my favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s.
Salt & Pepper is all we use to season the chicken. You can adjust the seasonings to your taste!
Green Onions: optional, but the perfect garnish for this Honey-Garlic Chicken.
How to Make Slow Cooker Honey-Garlic Chicken
- Lightly coat your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add boneless chicken thighs and season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small separate bowl, combine 1 cup of barbecue sauce, ½ cup of honey, and 3 gloves minced garlic and whisk together.
- Pour the honey-garlic sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Cover with the lid and set to LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve!
Chicken thighs can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can even make cleanup a breeze with disposable slow cooker liners.
More Slow-Cooker Recipes You’ll Love:
Share & Comment Below!