Sometimes you just want a cleaning product that can take care of everything.
Every stain, every speckle of dirt, every single dust bunny.
And that’s why today, we’re making a Eucalyptus & Lavender DIY all-purpose cleaner!
It smells soooo good y’all.
Why make a DIY all-purpose cleaner?
All-purpose cleaners help you tackle chores faster while also helping you downsize your cleaning supplies too. (Hello minimalism!)
But if you’re like most people, you probably have a LOT of all-purpose cleaning products lying around and you never know which one to pull-out while you’re cleaning — defeating the whole purpose.
DIY All-Purpose Ingredients:
Here’s what you’ll need to make a DIY all-purpose cleaner (without vinegar) that smells ahhhhhmazing!!!
- 1 ½ cups distilled water
- ¼ cups rubbing alcohol
- 1 tbsp lavender Castile soap
- 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil (optional)
I’ve started making a homemade all-purpose cleaner because it’s cheaper and overall better for our family and the planet.
(Although, it doesn’t mean I plan to give up Fabuloso any time soon!)
How to Make A DIY All-Purpose Cleaner WITHOUT Vinegar
Using a funnel, pour your distilled water into a 16 oz glass spray bottle. Add rubbing alcohol, Castile soap, and essential oil (optional) to the bottle. Attach a spray nozzle and shake well before each use.
Spray generously on the areas you want to clean. Use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to wipe away dirt.
Note: It is always recommended to test your DIY all-purpose cleaner on a small area first. You can also apply the cleaner directly onto a clean microfiber cloth first, and then begin cleaning.
Where can you use a DIY all-purpose cleaner?
You can use this homemade all-purpose cleaner on your countertops, kitchen appliances, walls & baseboards, furniture, light switches, tables & chairs, and so many more.
And because this DIY all-purpose recipe is without vinegar, it is 100% safe to use on natural stone (Yes, I’m talking to all the folks who have granite countertops!).
So go ahead and give this recipe a try! Then let me know where and how you use it — happy tidying!
Rather have a printable recipe?
DIY All-Purpose Cleaner Without Vinegar
- 1 Funnel
- 1 measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- 1 16 oz glass spray bottle
- 1 1/2 Cup Distilled water
- 1/4 Cup Rubbing alcohol
- 1 Tbsp Lavender Castile soap
- 10 Drops Eucalyptus essential oil optional
- Fill measuring cup with distilled water
- Add rubbing alcohol, castile soap, and essential oil drops (optional) to distilled water.
- Using a funnel, pour mixture into an empty glass spray bottle. Attach spray nozzle and shake well to mix ingredients.
- Shake well before every use. Generously spray onto hard surfaces and wipe with a clean, dry microfiber cloth.