Cleaning the microwave is a dirty job that someone’s got to do. Today, I’m going to show you how to get your microwave sparkling clean without scrubbing until your arm goes numb.
The secret? A good-ole steam clean with white distilled vinegar!
I swear, distilled vinegar is the holy grail of natural cleaning. It can take care of dirt, dust, grime, soap scum, laundry, odor, and so much more!
How to Clean Your Microwave In 3 Easy Steps
1. In a microwaveable bowl, add two cups of water and two tablespoons of white distilled vinegar.
2. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat on HIGH for about five minutes, or until the mixture is hot and the inside is covered in steam.
3. Wait 3-5 minutes before opening the door. Remove the bowl and wipe down with a sponge or microfiber cloth.
How Often Should You Clean The Microwave?
You’ll only need to do a deep cleaning like this about once a month. But, you should always clean the inside of your microwave as often as needed.
How to Keep Your Microwave Clean Longer:
- Only use it when you have to. If you’ve got to heat up leftovers for the whole family, consider reheating on the stovetop or in the oven.
- Clean spills immediately. When you see food splatter after using the microwave, use a paper towel or microfiber cloth to clean it up right away. A heavy buildup of caked-on food is so much harder to remove later.
- Use a splash cover. It will keep food from splattering all over the place and stores neatly inside your microwave so you don’t forget to use it! You can find it here.
Share & Comment Below!