Here is an easy casserole you can make for breakfast, brunch, or on those breakfast-for-dinner weeknights.
It comes together in five easy steps and everyone in my household loves it!
I started making this breakfast casserole on Sundays, after church, and it’s quickly become a family favorite!
It’s an easy combination of meat, cheese, potatoes and eggs — who can say no to that?
Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Frozen hash browns: grab a bag of precooked, shredded hash browns from the freezer section (thawing ain’t necessary!)
- 9 Large Eggs: it’s going to make this casserole thick and filling.
- 8 oz Mini Cubed Ham: another store-bought ingredient that doesn’t require any additional prep work!
- Milk: you’ll need 1 cup of whole or 2% milk, but I wouldn’t go below thet.
- Cheese: I used 1 cup Mild Cheddar and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, but feel free to use whatever cheeses you’d like!
- Green Onions: you’ll need about 1 cup of freshly diced green onions. It adds a freshness to this breakfast casserole that takes the flavor to a whole notha’ level!
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, and garlic powder is all you need! I don’t ever measure, I simply season to taste.
Not only is the hash brown casserole easy to make, but it’s cheap too! I purchased everything from Walmart and used the store brand for most of the ingredients to save a little extra money.
How to Make A Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole in 5 Easy Steps
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
2 – Add frozen shredded hash browns in a single layer. Season with a little salt and pepper to add additional flavor, if preferred. Top with cheeses, ham, and diced scallions.
3 – In a large separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, seasoning to taste, then pour mixture evenly over the casserole.
4 – Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and everything is cooked through.
5 – Allow to cool for a 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve!
My kids devour this Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole every time and I’ll serve it with pancakes or French toast with bacon on the side!
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for three days.
Can I make this breakfast casserole ahead of time?
YES!!! If you’re a mom like me, you can totally make this in advance to save time. Either assemble everything the night before or freeze for later!
To make this breakfast casserole the night before, simply follow all of the steps up to pouring the eggs over the casserole. Then, cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Remove from the fridge while the oven is preheating and add an extra 10-15 minutes to baking time.
To make and freeze this breakfast casserole for later, bake in an aluminum-foil pan and allow to cook completely. Wrap well in plastic and foil and freeze for up to two months. Thaw overnight in the fridge in advance and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until warmed through.
Plan to make this for breakfast or brunch this weekend? Share your hash brown casserole with me @danielleskeaton on Instagram or Facebook.
Share & Save On Pinterest!