If you’re planning a beach day for your family this summer, this packing list is for you.
Our first time taking the kids to a beach wasn’t in Florida, Virginia, or the Carolinas.
It was right here in Ohio!
Visiting Cedar Point Beach made us feel like we were on vacation. I had no idea the Midwest had sandy beaches!
I also didn’t know what to expect or what to pack.
In fact, I overpacked.
This time around, I’ve created this Family Beach Day Checklist so we don’t forget something we need or bring anything we don’t.
The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
What should you bring to a family beach day?
Coolers come in all shapes and sizes. Depending on your needs, I’ve included a few recommendations below:
My boys loved that they could build sand castles and play in the water without worrying about sharks or jellyfish. ????????
- Football, volleyball, beachballs
- Beach kites
All the things you’d normally need for swimming:
Check the weather before you go! A sunny day means you’ll probably need all of these, but if it’s only cloudy then you can bring less.
- Tent or beach umbrella
What should you not forget to bring to the beach?
Here are a few extra beach essentials you don’t want to leave behind:
- Sheets or beach blanket: this gives you something to lay on in case the sand is hot.
- First aid kit: when you’ve got active little ones, bumps and bruises are bound to happen.
- Beach/camping chairs: for you & your partner to sit in.
- Baby powder: it helps sand wipe off feet and other limbs quick and easy, try it!
- Something to keep you entertainment: books, waterproof bluetooth speaker, playing cards, etc.
More Family Beach Day Must-Haves
- Toiletry Bags – these are perfect for putting travel size hand sanitizer, hand creams, eye drops, pain killers, etc. neat and organized. They are clear so you can find what you need instantly!
- Beach Towel Clips – they are made to keep your towel from falling off when you’re done swimming. These are perfect for both kids and adults.
- Insulated Water Bottles – made from stainless steel, these bottles will keep your drink cool for hours!
- Collapsible Wagon – I have learned the hard way just how difficult it actually is to haul everything you’ve packed from the parking lot to the sandy beach. A wagon makes this job a breeze.
- Beach Umbrella Tray – this is perfect for when you want something to place your drinks and cell phone on. It has multiple compartments and attaches easily to your umbrella pole.