Put the kids to bed early and set the mood.
The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
Never stop dating. That was the advice Ryheem and I received from so many couples when we got married. But nobody warned us that having kids makes dating your spouse harder—and we have four.
You can imagine how often we have a date night out. Maybe about once every three months?
I know we can’t be the only couple. I’m sure there are so many of you married moms out there that can relate which is why this post is all about how to have a romantic date night at home!
We’ve honestly had to embrace having at-home date nights and get creative when we couldn’t find a babysitter or when we didn’t have $200 to spend on a fancy dinner, and still managed to have (almost!) as much fun as going out!
#1 Make A Meal Together
Since you won’t be eating at a restaurant, you’ve got to bring the restaurant home. Playing soft music and lighting a few candles will create the perfect ambiance!
Here are some romantic dinner ideas:
- Steak – of course I had to include this! You can never go wrong with a good ribeye or a T-bone steak.
- Chinese – try homemade sushi, lo mein, or pork dumplings.
- Lamb Chops – serve with your favorite veggie and mashed potatoes.
- Shrimp Scampi – traditionally made in a garlic butter sauce and comes together in less than 30 minutes or less.
- Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo – an elevated take on a classic Italian dish.
#2 Transform Your Bedroom
With a few simple supplies, you can make your bedroom feel like you’re at a hotel! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fresh Flowers – there’s nothing more romantic than a dozen red roses!
- Faux Rose Petals – use them to scatter on your bed and on the floor.
- Balloons – save this for birthdays since it really isn’t that “romantic” to have a ton of blown up balloons all over the floor.
- Tea Light Candles – these tiny candles make a big impact. Place them everywhere! Don’t worry, they will burn out on their own!
- Food – you can make a mini charcuterie board with chocolate and fresh fruit. Don’t forget a bottle of your favorite bubbly and champagne flutes!
- White Sheets – nothing gives hotel vibes more than all-white bedding! You can use a duvet cover for your current comforter and get some good-quality white sheets.
- Door Hanger – use a Do Not Disturb sign to hang on your doorknob to keep the kids away 😂
#3 Play Dirty Games
Everyone knows that intimacy in a marriage decreases over time so this will give you the opportunity to rekindle those flames! Create a scavenger hunt, roll dirty dice, or make your own naughty coupons to play with before bed.
Let me know if you try one or combine all three of these ideas for the most romantic date night at home!
Share & Save On Pinterest!